Rockstar Games is facing another difficult week as a sixth apparent GTA 6 gameplay leak has surfaced online, extending a rapid series of unauthorized releases connected to the CyberLeek name.
The latest footage reportedly focuses on a supercar and follows earlier clips showing driving, basketball, combat and aircraft gameplay. More concerning for Rockstar, the people behind the releases are openly suggesting that additional material could follow.
The timing could hardly be worse.
Rockstar is preparing Grand Theft Auto VI: An Extended Look for August 27, when the company intends to provide a major official look at the game through Netflix. Instead, unreleased material is appearing online only days before the presentation.
There is also a more serious unanswered question: how much of GTA 6 does the source actually have?
Six GTA 6 Gameplay Videos Have Appeared in Four Days
The latest clip marks the sixth apparent piece of Grand Theft Auto VI gameplay released during a four-day period.
The footage has covered several parts of the game rather than repeatedly showing the same activity.
Reports describe clips featuring basketball, normal driving, combat involving a taser and knife, aircraft and now supercar gameplay. One video also reportedly showed protagonist Jason firing bullets into a wall to spell out “LEEK,” apparently as a deliberate taunt toward Rockstar.
The variety of material has attracted attention because it suggests the source may possess more than one prerecorded clip.
Rockstar has not publicly authenticated every video, so details visible in the footage should still be treated cautiously. The age of the apparent build is also unclear.
Plane Footage Has Raised a Bigger Question
Among the recent releases, the reported GTA 6 plane gameplay may be the most significant.
The sequence has prompted speculation that CyberLeek could have access to a playable development build of GTA 6 rather than a limited collection of captured videos.
That has not been confirmed.
There is currently no verified public information establishing exactly what the group possesses, how recent the material is or how it was obtained.
Still, access to a working build would create a much larger security problem for Rockstar. Someone able to freely navigate the game could potentially record new areas, missions, mechanics and characters whenever they wanted.
Story spoilers would become an obvious concern as well.
CyberLeek Is Threatening More GTA 6 Footage
The existing clips may not be the end of the leak campaign.
CyberLeek has reportedly indicated that more footage could be released. A poll on a website associated with the group allegedly allows users to vote on what GTA 6 content should appear next.
The unusual part is how those votes are reportedly connected to cryptocurrency.
The latest leaked clip contains promotion for a memecoin, while its watermark links the possibility of additional leaks to the token’s market capitalization.
That introduces a financial element to what might otherwise appear to be a conventional game leak.
It also complicates claims about the group’s motivation. Whatever message CyberLeek says it wants to deliver, the GTA 6 footage is simultaneously being used to attract attention toward a cryptocurrency.
CyberLeek Says Its Campaign Is About Digital Ownership
The group has reportedly published a manifesto criticizing several trends in the gaming industry.
Among its complaints is the movement toward digital-only game distribution. CyberLeek has also criticized situations where consumers can lose access to digital products they previously purchased.
GTA 6’s physical release strategy has become part of that argument.
The group has reportedly objected to the absence of a conventional game disc in the initial GTA 6 physical package, which has been described as containing a download code instead.
Whether those complaints justify releasing confidential development material is an entirely separate question.
The cryptocurrency promotion also makes the campaign harder to view solely as a protest over consumer rights.
Rockstar and Take-Two Are Trying to Contain the Leaks
Rockstar Games and parent company Take-Two Interactive had not issued a detailed public statement addressing the six-video sequence at the time of the report.
However, leaked videos have reportedly faced takedown efforts across social platforms.
Take-Two has also taken broader legal action surrounding recent GTA 6 leaks, seeking records from technology companies that could help identify accounts associated with unauthorized distribution.
Removing individual videos only solves part of the problem.
Once footage appears online, copies can spread quickly between social networks, private communities and video platforms. The more important objective is identifying whoever has access to the original material.
If that person still has access to a working build, stopping the source becomes considerably more urgent.
The August 27 Netflix Reveal Is Only Days Away
The leak spree comes just before Rockstar’s biggest official GTA 6 presentation in months.
GTA 6: An Extended Look is scheduled to premiere through Netflix on August 27. Netflix will initially receive a six-hour exclusive window before the presentation becomes available through other platforms, including YouTube.
Rockstar has not announced a change to that schedule.
The presentation gives the company an important opportunity to reclaim control of the conversation. Instead of players analyzing uncertain footage from an unknown development build, Rockstar can show material that represents the game as it wants GTA 6 to be seen.
That distinction matters more as release approaches.
GTA 6 Has a Long History of Unwanted Early Reveals
Unfortunately for Rockstar, leaks have followed Grand Theft Auto VI for years.
The largest incident occurred in 2022, when more than 90 videos and images from an early version of the game appeared online following a major security breach.
Then, in December 2023, Rockstar’s first official GTA 6 trailer leaked shortly before its scheduled premiere. Rather than wait, Rockstar responded by publishing the trailer early through its official channels.
Another security incident emerged in 2026. Rockstar confirmed in April that a limited amount of non-material company information had been accessed through a third-party breach. The company said that incident did not affect its organization or players.
The latest footage therefore arrives against a history Rockstar would undoubtedly prefer not to repeat.
Old Development Footage Should Not Be Treated as the Final Game
There is another reason for players to approach leaked footage carefully.
Even genuine development videos may not represent GTA 6 at launch.
Game development changes constantly. Animations are replaced, lighting is adjusted, physics are refined and interfaces evolve. Entire features can be altered or removed.
If the CyberLeek footage comes from an older build, Rockstar may have changed substantial portions of what appears on screen.
The same caution applies to apparent discoveries made from the clips. A mechanic appearing once does not necessarily prove how the final system will function.
Official footage remains the more reliable reference.
November 19 Remains GTA 6’s Release Date
Despite the leak campaign, GTA 6 remains scheduled for November 19, 2026, on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S.
There is currently no indication from the reported leaks that Rockstar plans to move the launch.
That leaves less than three months between the August 27 Extended Look and release day.
Fans may be tempted to follow every CyberLeek upload during that period. However, the possibility of increasingly significant spoilers becomes greater if the source genuinely has broader access to the game.
Six videos in four days already represent an unusually aggressive leak campaign. The threat of more is what makes the situation particularly uncomfortable for Rockstar.
Grand Theft Auto VI is finally close enough that Rockstar is preparing to show players substantially more on its own terms.
The company’s immediate challenge is making sure CyberLeek does not show it first.
